VS TUNING FORUM
LOGIN
VS TUNING FORUM
LOGIN
VS TUNING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to S.W. VAG

My Breaks and Suspension!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
claytarget_god

Number of posts : 25
Model owned : Black Mk1 Octavia vRS
dream car : Aston Martin DBS
Registration date : 2008-11-30

My Breaks and Suspension!!! Empty
PostSubject: My Breaks and Suspension!!!   My Breaks and Suspension!!! I_icon_minitime15.12.08 13:55

Lets get things roling,

BREAKS:

EBC grooved and dimpled 312mm discs along with some Black Diamond Predator fast road pads.

Result: Lots more stopping power!! OMG they are really good, I got them as a cheap gap filler as the breaks I had needed changing and was savin up for the Comp Break 335mm ones but find now that I dont really need them as for road use these I now have are perfectly capable.

BAD POINTS: when breaking there is a plastic sounding click that comes from them. only audible with windows down.

GOOD POINTS: Very good stopping power, as quiate as std breaks in side the cabin(no droning under breaking as you sometimes get from grooves)

SUSPENSION:

Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers, Whiteline 22mm adj Rear ARB, SuperPRO Front ARB and Wishbone bushes(front and rear).

Result: Lots more grip and stability in the corners, Takes some gettin used to as the ride is more choppy and bumps are more pronounced. the car goes up and down more with the contours of the road rather than flaten it out. The car is more level as a result of the Rear ARB and coilovers. the Hight is easily adj by jacking the car up on each side then using the supplied spanners. FRONT WHEELS MAY NEED REMOVING TO DO FRONT END. Once you have got used to the car It will be I reacon, Really hard to go back to a std Octy. for the money the weitecs are nearly £200 cheaper than the KW v1 and they are identical apart from the KW are stainless and the Weitec are galvanised. all this along with the SuperPRO Poly Bushes are ideal as they make the car feel more rigid and firm without loosing much comfort, they also make the stearing and general feel of the car more positive as the std car I dont think had all that much feel to it.(my mk4 astra before had a very good feel and it told you when you were pushing too hard)The k=mk1 octy as std I dont think told you as much as I found it fely like you were going to loose it but in actual fack it could take more.

BAD POINTS: not stainless(who cares really) If you want comfort or you have really bad roads by you then I wouldnt think these are what you want.

GOOD POINTS: Cheap for what they are! Very good quality, Reasonably easy to fit yourself, Adj to what you like be it Higher than std or lower.

again just thought Id post something up to make it look busy Smile
Back to top Go down
Gaz_Vrs

Gaz_Vrs

Number of posts : 193
Model owned : Fabia Vrs
dream car : Rs4
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: My Breaks and Suspension!!!   My Breaks and Suspension!!! I_icon_minitime16.12.08 9:53

How much did you pay for your disks and pads???

All ive done to mine on the suspension side is lowered it 25mm on eibach springs on the standard dampers, uprated anti rollbar bushes, a strut brace and a JABBA arb (the best mod so far) it actually corners now, i don't know if you have ever experienced a standard fabia vrs??? But they are pretty terrible in the handling department Embarassed
Back to top Go down
claytarget_god

PostSubject: Re: My Breaks and Suspension!!!   My Breaks and Suspension!!! I_icon_minitime16.12.08 10:41

unfortunatly not tried the fabia vRS. they are a bit too small for me as I like somethin a bit bigger.

Agreed the ARB is the best mod for the cash! £145 + P&P and the diff was noticable in both slow and fast corners.

the EBC discs were £160 inc P&P, got them from a place in Leeds off Ebay, and the pads I got from http://www.europerformance.co.uk/ for about £55
they were the cheapest combo I could find and only got them as a temp measure.

What is it like just usin lowering springs? I didnt wanna do that as I couldnt get a set that would lower the front more than the back. good thing wi coilovers is they can be set to what ever you want.
Back to top Go down
Gaz_Vrs

Gaz_Vrs

PostSubject: Re: My Breaks and Suspension!!!   My Breaks and Suspension!!! I_icon_minitime16.12.08 10:52

To be fair its pretty good. Ive driven one with a koni fsd and eibach spring combo and i think its on par with that. The ride may be slightly harsher if anything.
There have been reports of dampers wearing faster with shorter springs but il cross that bridge if/when i get there.

The jabba arb is a bit more expensive than the whitline i think. I paid £200 for mine.
Back to top Go down
claytarget_god

PostSubject: Re: My Breaks and Suspension!!!   My Breaks and Suspension!!! I_icon_minitime16.12.08 13:36

silent

£200, sounds like a lot to me, what size is it? mine is 22mm solid one, and its adj too, I have it on the strongest setting you can on the octy. to get it to the last hole you need to loosen the brackets off first as it doesnt quite line up. it is good as it is though and you really need to push it to get any understear.

some of the guys on brisky have gone for a 28mm tube one but I cant remember the make.lol think they are £180 ish for them.
Back to top Go down
Gaz_Vrs

Gaz_Vrs

PostSubject: Re: My Breaks and Suspension!!!   My Breaks and Suspension!!! I_icon_minitime17.12.08 9:46

mine's 23mm i think. Its not really as adjustable as the whiteline. You just slide the clamps closer to the wheels to determind how stiff you want it. Needles to say wine were persuaded to the ends of the beam with a hammer!!!!
Back to top Go down
claytarget_god

PostSubject: Re: My Breaks and Suspension!!!   My Breaks and Suspension!!! I_icon_minitime17.12.08 9:48

|LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Breaks and Suspension!!!   My Breaks and Suspension!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Breaks and Suspension!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
VS TUNING FORUM  :: Brakes & Suspension-
Jump to: